The Dark Lands
(Angelbound Origins #5)
Published by: Monster House Books
Publication date: September 1st 2018
Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult
“This YA paranormal fantasy series is cute, compulsively readable and above all fun.” – The Nocturnal Library Blog
Nineteen-year-old Myla Lewis is loving life–she’s now a wife, mother, and Queen of the Thrax. Oh yeah, and being a super-powerful demigoddess who moves souls into Heaven or Hell doesn’t suck, either. In fact, everything is pretty much awesome. Until something craptastic happens.
Her honorary older brother Walker enters the Dark Lands, home to the rule-loving ghouls, and vanishes without a trace.
Now it’s up to Myla to solve the mystery of Walker’s disappearance. Of course, Myla likes interacting with ghouls about as much as elective dental surgery. To make matters harder, everyone thinks that Walker is simply taking a well-deserved vacation. But Myla and her Angelbound love, Lincoln, both suspect that the ghoul Oligarchy took Walker in order to somehow release Lucifer, the ex-King of the Angels and an all around nut job who really needs to stay locked up.
Long story short, Myla and Lincoln have just two days to rescue their good friend and stop Lucifer from taking over the after-realms. Even for them, this may be a too-tall order, especially when Myla’s own father allows his past friendship with Lucifer to threaten Walker’s future.
“I loved jumping back into the world of Angelbound.” – Mean Who You Are Blog
Perfect for readers who love angels, devils, and demons but want a fresh take on their related fairy tales, myths, and legends. This series combines fierce females, paranormal romance and urban/contemporary fantasy. Enjoy!!
As part of her launch tour for THE DARK LANDS, author Christina Bauer stopped by the Cover Contessa. Here’s the interview!
1. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer or did you want to be something else?
I knew this was my goal since I was six years old. In fact, I used to stand up in class and spontaneously tell stories. The nuns loved that.
2. How long does it take you to write a book from start to finish?
I’ve gotten faster over time. This is now my 15th book, and it took me about three months.
3. How do you come up with themes for your stories?
For me, my stories all start with questions. What would happen if? How can I make this character really uncomfortable? Basically, I’m a bitch to my characters and it grows from there.
4. Do you have a schedule of when you write?
Every day for at least six hours. The time changes depending on other factors, but I’m pretty consistent.
5. How are you able to balance other aspects of your life with your writing?.
Not always too tell. It’s hard!!! Sometimes I tell my husband “I have to go into my writer hidey hole for a few days to hit a deadline.” He and my son deserve a medal.
6. What elements do you think make a great story line?
At least one character needs to start off somewhere emotionally and then end up somewhere else. That sounds easy, but it’s super hard, especially when you’re writing series and the ‘fall in love’ arc is done!
7. What was the hardest thing about writing a book?
Having my characters get hurt or lose someone they love. I have to do it, but I hate it.
8. How many books have you written so far? Do you have a favorite?
I’ve written 15 so far, and I think my favorite is still ANGELBOUND.
9. Do you have a favorite character?
Myla Lewis. BOOM.
10. Where do you write?
11. When deciding on how to publish, what directed you to the route you took?
I tried traditional publishing and agents, and that wasn’t a fit. Mostly because they told me no!
12. Have you gotten feedback from family about your book(s)? What do they think?
My bets friend figured out that she was Cissy from ANGELBOUND. That was a hoot.
13. What kinds of things do you like to do outside of writing?
I like to read, follow politics, and hang with my husband and son. I did PR for the Women’s March back in 2017.
14. What kinds of advice would you give to someone who wants to start writing?
Read. Be prepared to suck. Realize you are awesome for wanting to be a force for creativity and enlightenment.
15. What is your favorite book? favorite author? Do you have an author that inspired/inspires you to write?
My favorite book/author is The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. When I read LOTR, there were no other fantasy books out there. It opened my mind to an entirely new way of storytelling.
16. Do you have any go to people when writing a book that help you with your story lines as well as editing, beta reading and such?
Sure! If you want to be part of the folks I consult and survey, please join my personal newsletter here: https://tinyurl.com/bauersbooks
17. Are you working on anything now?
Next up is a sci-fi series called ALIEN MINDS!
18. Tell us 5 things that make you smile
My son, my husband, wind in the trees, a good book, a bad joke.
19. Tell us 5 things that make you sad
People who care more about themselves than anything else and the culture that makes that not only possible, but values it (times five.)
20. If you could travel anywhere in the world to visit a place so you could use it as a background for a book, where would it be?
Christina Bauer knows how to tell stories about kick-ass women. In her best selling Angelbound series, the heroine is a part-demon girl who loves to fight in Purgatory’s Arena and falls in love with a part-angel prince. This young adult best seller has driven more than 500,000 ebook downloads and 9,000 reviews on Goodreads and retailers. The first three books in the series are now available as audiobooks on Audible and iTunes.
Bauer has also told the story of the Women’s March on Washington by leading PR efforts for the Massachusetts Chapter. Her pre-event press release—the only one sent out on a major wire service—resulted in more than 19,000 global impressions and redistribution by over 350 different media entities including the Associated Press.
Christina graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School with BA’s in English along with Television, Radio, and Film Production. She lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby.
Stalk Christina On Social Media – She Loves It!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway