Published by: Swoon Reads
Publication date: October 18th 2016
Genres: Romance, Young Adult
In Kiss Cam, teen author Kiara London asks, what’s a little harmless kissing between friends?
Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge “shippers” who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss soon spirals out of control into a whole new world of making out and surprise kisses.
Juniper and Jasper’s relationship begins to shift. But as fan requests for different “Kiss Cam” segments keep pouring in, Juniper puts her worries aside and convinces herself that it doesn’t mean anything. After all, it’s just kissing… right?
Time for a little top ten list!
I love top ten lists. Tell me the top ten book nerdiest things you have ever done!
1. Every once in a while, when I was young, my step-dad used to make campfires in the backyard and we’d sleep outside in a tent (and it was basically the most fun ever). But in the morning---oh yes---in the morning when the campfire had died down to nothing, my sister and I would pretend the ashes were Floo Powder and we’d try to poof ourselves into the Harry Potter world. Needless to say, it did not work; and, not getting a letter on my eleventh birthday only further confirmed that I am indeed not a witch. Super bummer.
2. Listen, I read the entire Nancy Drew series in the fifth grade and if that isn’t list-worthy, I don’t know what is.
3. There are multiple times where I have recreated scenes from books as a kid, and if you think I stopped at Harry Potter you would be wrong. The amount of times I attempted to dress and behave as that of Anne from Anne of Green Gables as a child is actually embarrassing.
4. When I went to the UK in the summer of 2015 I got to visit the oldest bookstore in London: Hatchards. That place has been around since 1797!
5. I literally wrote a two-hundred-page book for an English assignment when I was, like, thirteen. Did I end up handing it in? I was advised not to (I quickly realized my creative writing project was going to be way too “extra” at page twenty and asked about the possibility of handing that in. I was, understandably shot down. Still handwrote an entire book anyway, though).
6. Once upon a time in elementary school a book series called A Series of Unfortunate Events was coming out book by book. And, oh man, I was hooked. Now, me and a classmate of mine happened to be on the same book—the fourth book to be exact—and we stumbled across a problem. You see, there was only one copy in the library. And since there was a wait list of kids trying to get their hands on this thing, the book was only being loaned out for a couple days at a time. I promised the librarian that if she let me have the book first I would give it back to her the following day—cross my heart hope to die. And, oh boy, I stayed up until three in the morning reading that book just to avoid spoilers from my classmate. Was I tired and crabby the next day? Yes. Was it worth finding out just how the Baudelaire’s evaded Olaf again? Absolutely.
7. My friend and I spent a couple months sending surprise books to each other in the mail!
8. I had to do a book report once and as extra credit I dressed up as one of the characters. My choice? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I dressed up as Beth and rocked that floor length, puffy sleeved dress. Mmhmm. I’m glad nobody took a picture of that because I wore that costume all day.
9. There are days in my life where I’ve just sat down and read a four-hundred-page book in one sitting and that’s all I do for the day. No shame in my game.
10. I make playlists for the books I read and relive the story every time I need to scream-sing in the shower.
Kiara London is the internet savvy, hopelessly romantic alter ego of Bethany Novak-Tveten, who in real life is part of the US Air Force. She started writing on the online writing site Booksie when she was thirteen and then transferred to Wattpad where her debut novel Kiss Cam was originally posted. She spends most of her time scrolling down Tumblr, attempting to read everything she can get her hands on, and drooling over fictional men.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway