Thanks to Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner, we have another End of the Year Book Survey!
I Love filling these things out, but they are SO hard!
Number Of Books You Read: Goodreads says 119, but I DNF'd a ton of books this year anywhere from 20%-60% of the way through.
Number of Re-Reads: Zero
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Gosh, this one is really hard. I'm going to break it down by genre because I can't choose just one!
Contemporary: The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
Fantasy: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
Sci-Fi: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
New Adult: The Deal by Elle Kennedy
Retelling: Never Never by Brianna Shrum
Historical: A Maddness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
Paranormal: Inspire (The Muse #1) by Cora Carmack
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Confess by Colleen Hoover
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series I started: Mechanics of Love by Megan Erickson
Best Sequel: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
Best Ender: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
I have two: Elle Kennedy and Kristin Callihan
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don't read historical for the most part so I'm going with: A Maddess So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I read this one in 1 day while on vacation: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Honestly, I don't re-read books. But if I were to re-read anything it would be: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
I didn't enjoy the book but the cover is fabulous: Until We Meet again by Renee Collins
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Drew Evans from Tangled by Emma Chase
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
If you are going to read a book about the aftermath of suicide that makes your mind turn this would be the one: The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I cannot answer this one! It's just too hard!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest at 224 pages : Castle of Sighs (Forest of Whispers #2) by Jennifer Murgia
Longest at 824 pages: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I honestly figured out the twist in this book early on, but it still shocked me that it happened the way it did: Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Thorne and Cress from The Lunar Chronicles
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I would say the relationship between Thorne and Cinder in The Lunar Chronicles
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Notice this one has come up quite often? Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Pucked by Helena Hunting
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Justin Carter from The Natural History of Us (The Fine Art of Pretending #2) by Rachel Harris *SWOONS*
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Michelle Smith! Her book Play On is FANTASTIC! GO READ IT!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
This series is amazing with world building on all levels: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
This one is a toss up between: Tangled by Emma Chase and The Deal by Elle Kennedy
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Another toss up: The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand and All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Play On by Michelle Smith
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
DYING for the last book NOW: The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Curse #2) by Marie Rutkoski
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Every Day by David Levithan
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I really wanted to throttle the main characters in this book: Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Eater of Books! I just love Alyssa. I have followed her for a while, but didn't really start looking at the blog until this year. She always has some great discussions on her blog.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My STS posts are always the most discussed posts I have!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Apollycon in Philadelphia, January 2016
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
BEA 2015! I always love the moments created there. But I got to see so many of my blogging and bookish friends this year. It was fantastic. And I got to eat dinner with Cora Carmack, KA Tucker and Kristen Proby, so that was AMAZING!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
DNFing books! This year was hard for me. I hate to DNF a book, and I really try to give it the benefit of the doubt. I don't know if I've become more critical, or if the books put out this year just weren't as good. I DNF'd 13 books this year!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?
Stacking the Shelves on August 8, 2015
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My review of The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bookends in Ridgewood, NJ. A hidden gem!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I came close to completing my yearly challenge, but fell off by a few. I didn't set up any other challenges. But I have a few planned for next year.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Ensnared (Splintered #3) by A.G. Howard
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas. GAH!!! It doesn't even have a freaking title yet!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Make my yearly reading goal!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan. I don't think she would write a book I wouldn't recommend!
If you guys filled out this survey from Jamie as well, leave me links in the comments so I can come and check out your answers!
Post a Comment