(Alpha Girl #8)
Published by: Ink Monster LLC
Publication date: June 11th 2019
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
From USA Today Bestselling Author Aileen ErinChris is the guy Cosette always wanted.Fun. Funny. Lighthearted and sweet. Chris always manages to find beauty and laughter, even when fighting a chapel full of demons. He’s exactly what she needs. Except he’s a werewolf and she’s a member of the Lunar Court — the only fey court that holds sway over the werewolves. Even on his best day, Chris isn’t strong enough to last a few hours in the Lunar Court without becoming a slave. No matter how much Cosette’s heart wants him, she knows she has to let him go.But when Chris goes missing, Cosette realizes how much she has to lose if the worst happens. Except her mother — the Queen of the Lunar Court — won’t let her go after Chris. Being forced to stay at court is dangerous for Cosette. Assassins keep coming after her, and unless she accepts a mate, it’s only a matter of time before one of them kills her.Cosette is the girl Chris has always dreamed of.Chris sees through the tough facade to the girl exhausted from a lifetime of fighting off assassins and court politics. She needs a true friend, someone who she can be herself around, and craves solitude. The same solitude that Chris craves. But he knows he’ll never be enough to survive in her world. So, when Eli — a mysterious archon — requests his help, he figures why not? The guy might be a little shady, but he needs every distraction he can get.But when Eli says that Cosette’s in trouble, Chris is more than ready to play by Eli’s rules. At least until Eli takes him to the Court of Gales. Chris knows he’s about to play a very dangerous game. Bargaining with the fey is something only a desperate person would do. But what wouldn’t Chris give up to save Cosette’s life?“These books go by so very quickly, with the pacing making me think I just started reading. I could gobble up a dozen of these novels!” – Carrie Reads a Lot“Aileen Erin: You did a great job as usual and I’m so excited for Invocation and Lunar Court.” – Lenniland
I used to love to blog, but I’ve gotten so busy since having Isabella, that I haven’t had time to blog. So, I’m taking the author’s choice topic for my guest post to do one of my old Top Five posts. It’s not a top five of something, just five things that I’m digging right now.
1. Sound Baths – I know you’re probably thinking what kind of hippie nonsense is this, but it’s actually really neat. My mood has always been very affected by the music I’m listening to, and a few years ago, I went into a rabbit hole of healing sound frequencies. Of course, I had to use it in a book! The alien Aunare in my YA Space Opera series use it (Off Planet is book 1!), and since I’m currently writing Off Balance – the second book in the series—I thought I’d try one out.
They’re legit intense. There usually are a mix of crystal singing bowls and bronze Tibetan singing bowls. But what’s weird is that the sound feels like it’s coming from inside your head. If you have a chance to go to one, it’s definitely worth it! Check out a clip here: https://youtu.be/oCPoG3EGwVw
2. Podcasts – Lately I’ve been a guest on a few podcasts, with more records coming up in June. I’m such an introvert that I rarely leave the house these days, but I’ve found guest hosting on podcasts to be really fun. I’ve even thought about starting my own podcast—either on writing or publishing or maybe a bit of both. You can check out some of my guest spots here and here!
3. Writing – This seems like a silly thing to put on a top five list, but I’m really into my writing. After a stressful and difficult pregnancy, I had a tough time getting back into the groove of writing. I released books slower as I took time to learn how to be a new mom and take a hold of my mental health. But both those things are going great, and I’m finally out of the weeds with my deadlines. I fought long and hard to keep going in those early months of motherhood, but right now—I’m back! Writing has always been my love and passion, and I’m in a place where I’m hitting my groove daily. That’s something that I’m excited about and proud of. I’ve also been dedicating some time to improving the craft, and I’m loving seeing it pay off on the page.
4. Above & Beyond – Okay, so this isn’t new for me, but I love their Group Therapy podcast. It comes out every Friday, and I look forward to it every week. If you’re into EDM at all, it’s worth a listen.
5. The Magicians – I’m a season behind. I was behind on my deadlines, which meant that everything in my life that wasn’t essential got pushed back. So, the final season of The Magicians came out early this year, but I’m finally watching. I heard that there is some uproar with how it ends, but I’ve managed to stay spoiler free up until now. Fingers crossed. But if you’re reading this and haven’t watched the show, think very dark, adult Harry Potter. Worth the watch.
Aileen Erin is half-Irish, half-Mexican, and 100% nerd–from Star Wars (prequels don’t count) to Star Trek (TNG FTW), she reads Quenya and some Sindarin, and has a severe fascination with the supernatural. Aileen has a BS in Radio-TV-Film from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. She lives with her husband in Los Angeles, and spends her days doing her favorite things: reading books, creating worlds, and kicking ass.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway