by Carol Riggs
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: July 7th 2016
Summary from Goodreads:
At seventeen, Adeelah Naji is transformed into a genie and imprisoned in a bottle. For a thousand years, she fulfills the wishes of greedy masters—building their palaces, lining their pockets with gold, and granting them every earthly pleasure. All that sustains her is the hope of finding Karim, the boy she fell in love with as a human. When at last she finds a note from her beloved, she confirms he has access to the elixir of life and that he still searches for her.
But someone else also hunts her. Faruq—the man who plots to use her powers to murder and seize the life forces of others—is just one step behind her. With the help of a kind master named Nathan, Adeelah continues to search for Karim while trying to evade Faruq. To complicate matters, she begins to experience growing fatigue and pain after conjuring, and finds herself struggling against an undeniable attraction to Nathan.
As Faruq closes in, Adeelah must decide just how much she’ll risk to protect Nathan and be with Karim forever. How much power does she really have to change her future, and what is she willing to sacrifice for an eternity of love? If she makes the wrong choice, the deaths of many will be on her hands.
Buy Links:Amazon│Barnes & Noble
Lightning Round Interview with Carol Riggs
Here’s a quick interview with Carol Riggs, the author of BOTTLED.
1. Your novel in 5 words? Genie looking for lost love.
2. Twitter or Facebook? Twitter
3. Favorite TV show? Fringe…or wait, maybe Dollhouse…or Firefly…
4. Sweet or salty? Salty (hand me my chips!)
5. Favorite superhero? Batman, man
6. Coke or Pepsi? Ugh, neither. I don’t like the bubbles!
7. Favorite movie? Star Wars
8. Song that’s stuck in your head right now? “Honeybee” by Steam Powered Giraffe
9. What are you afraid of? Swimming when my feet can’t touch bottom
10. Favorite movie-to-book adaptation? Harry Potter
11. Favorite book? Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
12. Favorite YA author? Maggie Stiefvater (especially Lament, Ballad)
13. Superpower of choice? Flying, which I do in my dreams to escape danger
14. Most unique hobby? I collect dragons
15. Mountains or the beach? The beach
16. Favorite food? Pizza!
17. Favorite color? Blue-green
18. Drafting or revising? drafting (more creative), but revising is nicely challenging
19. How are you weird/different from others? I don’t own a smart phone!
20. Secret talent: I know shorthand—it’s handy for note-taking at writer conferences
About the Author
Carol Riggs is an author of fiction for young adults (and adults!) who lives in the beautiful green state of Oregon, USA. Her debut novel, The Body Institute, released Sept 2015 from Entangled Teen, exploring body image and identity. Her fantasy YA, Bottled, will release from Clean Reads on July 7, 2016, and her sci-fi YA, Safe Zone, will release from Entangled Teen in October 2016. She enjoys reading, drawing and painting, writing conferences, walking with her husband, and enjoying music and dance of all kinds. You will usually find her in her writing cave, surrounded by her dragon collection and the characters in her head.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment