Welcome to The Cover Contessa's stop on the How (Not) To Fall in Love blog tour!
A girl who’s lost everything meets a guy who can fix anything. Just one problem: Falling in love isn’t an option.
Seventeen-year-old Darcy Covington never had to worry about money or where her next shopping spree was coming from. Even her dog ate gourmet. Then one day, Darcy’s car is repossessed from the parking lot of her elite private school. As her father’s business hit the skids, Dad didn’t just skip town, he bailed on his family.
Fortunately, Darcy’s uncle owns a thrift shop where she can hide out from the world. There’s also Lucas, the wickedly hot fix-it guy she can’t stop crushing on, even if she’s not sure they’ll ever get out of the friend zone.
The Top 10 Reasons Not to Fall in Love – by Darcy Covington
10. Nothing in real life can possibly be as great as my favorite movies.
9. Lucas is a shining star; I’m a black hole.
8. Who has time for love when life is falling apart?
7. What if I let myself fall for him, but he doesn’t feel the same way?
6. What if it changes everything, and we lose our friendship?
5. Even if he does want more than friendship, I don’t know if I’m ready.
4. My dad’s AWOL and probably never coming home; I can’t take another punch to the heart.
3. My best friend Sal will gloat that she was right about us.
2. What if it’s a pity thing, him just feeling sorry for me?
And the number one reason not to fall in love…
1. Kissing Lucas will blow my mind.