Today The Cover Contessa is showcasing a totally awesome book by author Kary Rader:
A Taylor Made Life
Cheerleader Taylor Smith doesn’t want to die a virgin. Unfortunately, if the terminally-ill leukemia patient doesn't find a lover or a stem-cell match within months, her fear will become reality. But when her cancer mentor is revealed to be a hottie entrepreneur from California, it seems fate might finally be on her side.
Tech-geek Gavin Taylor has everything he ever wanted, except someone to grieve for him when he's gone. With his melanoma cancer beyond the help of his riches, he agrees to participate in a cancer patient mentoring program where he's matched with a dying teen from Texas. Despite his immediate attraction, the Silicon Valley whiz intends only to provide friendship and happy memories to the beautiful, young woman who is determined to win his love.
When it's discovered that his frozen sperm and her harvested eggs could lead to a cure, Taylor's mother offers to be a surrogate. And Gavin must decide if he can risk the heart he has never given and a child he'll never know to a girl he just met.
Today, Kary is going to do a guest post and tell us about her top ten tear jerker movies!
Kary’s Top Ten List of Movies That Made Me Cry
Thank you , Brooke, for having me on today! I’m excited to share some of my All-Time Favorite Movies. I know some people don’t like to cry, but I do. I love it when art can invoke an emotion so deep it brings tears to my eyes. So today I’m listing the best of the best—the movies that never fail (no matter how many times I’ve seen them) to make me cry.
Top Ten List
1. Terms of Endearment (1983) – Many of these movies can produce tears if I think about a scene, but this particular movie has several scenes that can produce racking sobs.
2. Life is Beautiful (1997) – This is the only foreign movie on the list even though there are plenty to choose from. This movie is one is my all-time favorites. It tickles you with humor all the while it’s plotting to rip your heart out. It is an amazing film with a powerful message you will never forget…and you never should.
3. Simon Birch (1998) – an unlikely hero with a small body but faith enough to make up the difference. Powerful and inspiring.
4. Steel Magnolias (1989) – Not only one of the saddest movies ever made, also one of the funniest. “My mama always said, if you can’t find anything good to say about anybody come sit by me.”
5. Imitation of Life (1959) – If you haven’t told your mother how much you appreciate her lately, watch this movie – you’ll gain new perspective.
6. Toy Story 3 (2010)– This is my token animated film. I swear I was watching it a week ago with the kids (for the 60th time) and I’m balling my eyes out and they’re looking at me like I’ve got Cooties.
7. The Notebook (2004) – We all know that Nicholas Sparks should have his own category – so instead of bogging the list down with 10 of his movies, I picked my favorite.
8. Titanic (1997) – Big ship, Epic Love Story. Tragic Ending. Even the song can make me mist up.
9. Dead Poets Society (1989)– When young Eathan Hawk steps up on that desk and says, “Oh Captain, my Captain.” my face twists into an Oprah-Ugly-Cry.10. Love Story (1970) – the quintessential tragic love story of the 70s (and there were many that
decade). But who knew that 30 years later the star would play it out again with his real-life love.
Hope that brought back good cathartic memories and gave you inspiration for new ones. My new release, A Taylor-Made Life, is a tearjerker.
Thanks so much for stopping by today Kary!
Kary has offered up a prize today, a crocheted hat (a symbol from her book, so you must go read it and find out why!). Here's what it looks like:
Kary Rader is a part-time Twitter sage, stay-at-home mother of three, and slave to the characters and worlds inside her head. Always creative, she's drawn to stories with fantastical worlds and creatures. With a little bit of magic and divine guidance, there isn't anything that can't be accomplished with words. It's the power of words that creates and destroys. Vanquishing evil and injustice while finding eternal love in the process is all in a day's work. With the help of her critique partners and master cartographer imaginary places come to life.
FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/KaryRaderauthor
Leave a comment telling me about your favorite tearjerker for your chance to win a custom crochet hat.