Welcome to Day #4 of The Cover Contessa's blog anniversary celebration!
Today I'm going to tell you the top 10 reasons I love to blog! And I won't make it all fancy. I'm just going to list my reasons for loving what I do!
1. The Books! Need I really tell you more? Of course not, that's the whole reason for this blog, no? Well, I will a bit, anyway. I love books: reading them, buying them, getting them as gifts, taking them out of the library, having them sent to me by publishers. Whatever way I can get my hands on them is all good.
2. The Authors! Yup, that's right, one of the best perks of blogging is getting to know the authors you blog about. I will often read a book and love it so much I just must have the author on for an interview. And I've never been let down with them saying no!
3. The reading! I love to read, right? Well, blogging forces me to do what I love to do and what makes me happy. Otherwise I might just get bogged down with my job, or house chores and what fun would that be?
4. The other bloggers! I have met so many great people since creating my blog. People who live close and people who live across the world. But it's easy to meet them through cyberspace, although I do hope one day to meet them all in person!
5. The learning! I have learned a lot through blogging: how to write a great review, how to get in touch with publishers and authors, how to figure out good literature from awful stuff. Most of all, I've learned what a pleasure it really is to let myself into all the worlds the authors build to keep my mind occupied.
6. The ARC and beta reading! Yup, I get to do these things I love my ARCs for sure. I love to be able to read the books before they are even out and be part of telling everyone how great they are before the release. And I love that authors have asked me to beta read, the process even before the ARCs are distributed. It makes me feel like they really trust my opinion.
7. The blog tours! I have such a blast making up my posts for blog tours. I can put my little spin on them, make them all mine, all while highlighting the authors and their books and helping them get their names out there.
8. The Giveaways! I love to run giveaways. I love to let other people into my book loving world by offering them books. And I have to say I love entering the contests myself. I have won so many great things through entering these contests!
9. Meeting great publishers and publicists! I've met some really great publishing people during my time blogging. And I hope to meet many more. Thankfully, I get to go to BEA (Book Expo America) this year and meet even more industry people. It's fun and entertaining.
10. The accomplishment! Yup, I feel accomplished. I feel like I'm doing something for the book loving world (and I don't even get paid for it!). I feel like I am bringing others closer to books and authors and characters and worlds. It's fun and I don't think I would want it any other way!
So, are you a blogger? Why do you blog? What do you get out of it?
Don't forget to enter the Rafflecopter below for Day #4. So many great prizes! And don't forget to go back and tweet for days #1, 2, and 3, so you can have more chances to win those great prizes! Good luck and thanks for stopping by!a Rafflecopter giveaway